Deleting email from the server with Outlook Express
- Start up your Outlook express.
- Select TOOLS>>ACCOUNTS from your drop-down menu.
- On the Internet Accounts screen select the Mail tab to view your existing accounts.
- Double click on your email account name or highlight the name and press "Properties" button.
- Your properties screen will open.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- If none of the boxes are checked under the Delivery heading the system always deletes messages from the server when you download them.
- If you only check the email from one location un-check all the boxes under the Delivery heading at the bottom.
- If you wish to have your email on the server to check from multiple locations follow the next few steps.
- Check all the boxes under the Delivery heading at the bottom.
- Set your "Remove from server.." number (highlighted on the image above) to a range of 1 to 30 days.
- Press OK on this screen and Close on the accounts screen.
Article is closed for comments.