SMTP Authentication setup with Outlook Express
Due to the increase in SPAM and black-listing of open relays we now require authentication for sending all email on our Windows and Linux servers. Below are instructions for configuring your Outlook Express.
- Start up your Outlook express.
- Select TOOLS>>ACCOUNTS from your drop-down menu.
- On the Internet Accounts screen select the Mail tab to view your existing accounts.
- Double click on your email account name or highlight the name and press "Properties" button.
- Your properties screen will open.
- Select the Servers tab.
- Check the My server requires authentication box.
- Press OK on this screen and Close on the accounts screen.