How to move spam to a specific folder in Microsoft Outlook Express
We have installed SpamAssassin in all our mail servers. SpamAssassin will scan all the incoming emails. If SpamAssassin thinks the email is probably a spam, the program will add "*****SPAM*****" tag in the subject. This tutorial shows you how to move those tagged email to a specific folder, the "SPAM" folder.
You should aready have your outlook express set up propery. If you do not, please go back to our Client Center and use our email setup tutorials.
- Open Outlook Express.
- Select your "Local Folders" and click the right mouse button. Select "New Folder...".
- Create a new folder. Type in "SPAM" for the folder name. Click "OK".
- Click "Tools", then scroll your cursor to "Message Rules", and click "Mail", as shown below.
- A window will pop up, click "New..." on the right.
- Another window will pop up, please check boxes as shown in picture. Chheck "Where the Subject line contain specific words" in 1 and "Move it to specified folder" in 2.
- In 3, click "contains specific words".
- A new window will pop up. Please type "*****SPAM*****" (without quotes) in the text field.
- Press "Add" button then the "OK".
- Click the word "specified" in 3.
- A new window will pop up.
- You will see a "SPAM" folder in the list. Click the "SPAM" folder and then press "OK" button.
- You will back to window in Step 5. Now, type any name your like in the text box under "4. Name of the rule". Then press "OK" button.
- From now on your SPAM folder will have all the emails marked as SPAM by our scannning software.