How do I export contacts from my Microsoft Outlook Contacts folder into other accounts?
You can export contacts to a file that can then be imported into other applications, such as Desiant Webmail, Excel spreadsheets, or database applications.
The most common export file format is a comma separated value (CSV) file.
- Click the "File" tab.
- Click "Options".
- Click "Advanced".
- Under Export, click "Export".
- In the Import and Export Wizard, click "Export to a file", and then click "Next".
- Under Create a file of type, click the type of export that you want, and then click "Next".
The most common is Comma Separated Values (Windows), also known as a CSV file.
- Under Select folder to export from, select the contact folder that you want to export, and then click "Next".
- Under Save exported file as, click "Browse", select a destination folder, and in the File name box, type a name for the file. (Remember where you save this file for later use.)
- Click "OK".
- In the Export to a File dialog box, click "Next".
- Click "Finish".
Now log into http://webmail.desiant.com
- Click the "Contacts" button towards the bottom left.
- Click the "Import Contacts" button that appears towards the top left.
- A "Contact Import Wizard" window pops up, click the "Browse" button.
- Locate the file you saved earlier. Select the file and click, "open", then click, "Add" in the "Contact Import Wizard".